Hopp til hovedmenyen på siden Hopp til hovedinnholdet på siden

Approval of public documents for use abroad

  • Generelt om tjenesten


    For a Norwegian document to be valid in a foreign country, it must have an apostille stamp. For example, you may need this if you are going to marry someone before a foreign authority and one of you is a Norwegian citizen, or if you plan to buy or sell property abroad.

    The document must first be signed by a notary public (the county court office or the district court). An apostille stamp legalises the document and confirms that the signature of the notary public is genuine.

    Target group


    Cooperating authorities

    Charges/Cost of the service

    Apostille certificates are free of charge. However, you must pay for any costs related to obtaining or copying your documents.

    Brochures, documents, maps, etc.

  • Lover og forskrifter
  • Skjema

    Guidelines – applying for, or receiving the service

    Contact the embassy of the country to which you will be submitting your documents and find out which documents require an apostille. You do not need an apostille for documents you will be using in Scandinavia—only a stamp from the notary public.
    You can obtain an apostille certificate from the county governor by presenting sufficient documentation (with original signatures).


  • Saksbehandling

    Administrative procedure

    Time taken to consider the application

    Possibilities to appeal; procedure

  • Kontaktinformasjon
  • Andre opplysninger

    Tjenesten oppdatert: 13.02.2018 13:43

Language Norsk - NorwegianLanguage English - Engelsk