Hopp til hovedmenyen på siden Hopp til hovedinnholdet på siden

Special education for adults - basic education

  • Generelt om tjenesten


    If you feel that you do not benefit satisfactorily from ordinary, customised education programmes for adults at the primary and lower secondary level, you are entitled to special education. For example, this may be the case if you

    • Are or have been sick or injured
    • Have special needs for managing your daily tasks
    • Require basic communication skills
    • Require instruction in basic reading and writing
    • Require motor skills training.

    Charges/Cost of the service

    The tuition and teaching materials are free.


    Section 4A-2 and Chapter 5 of the Education Act

    Regulation to the Education Act Chapter 5 Appealing an assessment.

  • Lover og forskrifter
  • Skjema

    Guidelines – applying for, or receiving the service

    You can get assistance from the municipality in applying for special education.

  • Saksbehandling

    Administrative procedure

    The municipality will obtain the information necessary for making a decision on the case. We will then come to a decision. You will normally receive an explanation together with the notification of the decision. You will always receive an explanation if there is a possibility that you will be dissatisfied with the decision. If an explanation is not included, you can obtain one by enquiring with the municipality within the deadline for appeals to the decision.

    Time taken to consider the application

    The municipality will process the case as soon as possible. If a decision cannot be reached on the case within one month, you will receive a written message stating the reason as to why. You will also be informed of when the decision is expected to be made.

    Possibilities to appeal; procedure

    If you are dissatisfied with the decision, you can appeal to the municipality within three weeks from the date on which you received it. Explain what you are dissatisfied with and why you believe the decision should be changed. If you need guidance, you can enquire with the municipality. If the municipality upholds its decision, the case will be passed on to the county governor, who will determine whether the appeal should be sustained.

  • Kontaktinformasjon
  • Andre opplysninger

    Tjenesten oppdatert: 19.02.2018 14:33

Language Norsk - NorwegianLanguage English - Engelsk